Answered By: Sonali Sugrim, Electronic Resources Librarian Last Updated: Jun 24, 2022 Views: 69
Please follow the below steps to clear cache by browser type:
1. Go to the three-dot menu () at the upper-right of Chrome to select Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data
2. or History > History > Clear browsing data or More tools > Clear browsing data.
3. Or type "chrome://settings/clearBrowserData" in the omnibar without the quotation marks.
1. Go to the hamburger menu () and section Options > Privacy & Security.
2. Scroll down to get to History. Set Firefox to remember, to never remember, or get some custom settings like remember history, but not cookies, or whatever.
3. Select the Clear History button. Click it to pick a time range to clear (1, 2, 4, or 24 hours—or everything), and what data to dump (history, logins, forms/search, cookies, and cache).
1. Clear History in the History menu. Then in the pop-up, pick a timeframe for how far back you want to erase
2. Or You can instead click History > Show History to get a pop-up displaying every site you've visited, then take out sites individually, without losing the cookies and cache.
For more information, please review the following PCMag article.